Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Week 1: Is Creativity Just For Artists, Or For Everyone?

This week's lesson was regarding creativity. What is creativity? I've never really understood what it means. I mean, you know when there is something that you are sure that you know of, but do not know how to explain it verbally? Creativity is like that. I decided to just look up the definition in my Mac computer's Dictionary. According to it, creativity is...
"noun:the use of the imagination or original ideas, esp. in the production of an artistic work."
I do not think it is truly fair. Ideas have never come easy for me. I try to come up with ideas, but it gets so frustrating to me to the point that I feel depressed thinking why I cannot come up with anything when I really need it.
So, I agree with what was being explained this week, that creativity isn't just for people majoring in Arts and Designs or whatnot. I need to find my niche, my inspiration, but so far, I have not felt too- great passion towards the things that I have been doing. I want it to be in the field of Arts. I know that it is. I just have not found it. However, I am also afraid that when I do find it, it is not something I or other people should or have always found weird or scary or controversial.

No comments:

Post a Comment