Saturday, June 26, 2010

Week 2: Why the Categories? I Mean, Boundary Breakers?

This week, I somewhat learned on what creativity truly is and what happens to people who use their creativity to good use, like Leonardo Da Vinci or Jason Pollock. Da Vinci was awesome. He painted Mona Lisa, and even invented some things, like the idea of the propeller. I suppose, Jason Pollock is cool, too, even if his work is just arranged splats of paint. It is creating something truly original, no matter how big or how small, and make it functional. However, I did not really like the idea that we are separated, or categorized. I mean, most of us are the aesthetic organizers. Who does not want to be the Boundary Breakers, like the Leonardo Da Vincis and the Copernicuses? Or at least be Inventors. I have always thought one day I would be able to do something that would put me in the Inventors' category, since almost nothing is original anymore in this world. So, that's the least I could do. However, at the pace that I am going, sometimes I wonder if I would even be able to come close to that hope.
Gotta work harder, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment