Saturday, July 3, 2010

Week 3: Convergent and Divergent Thinking. I Suppose, I'm Convergent.

Week three lesson, is the difference about convergent and divergent thinking. To make it simpler, convergent thinking is being able to do things without having to use a lot of creativity (unless, of course, you're bored). This would apply to repetitive activities such as copying notes or following instructions. Meanwhile, being divergent is the opposite. Tasks that would require divergent thinking would be a painting assignment in art class or trying to solve a riddle or a math problem. The lecturer came up with some kind of interesting fact that those whose put the thumbs of their left hands on the top of the right thumb when clasping their hands together, are those who think divergently. While those who put their right over their left, are the convergent thinkers. I found that I was a convergent thinker. But then I thought, I must only be a beginner convergent thinker, because it is hard for me to come up with alternatives solutions that'll work to problems. I really wish I could return my brain back to when I was young, back when it was still 'phresh'.

No comments:

Post a Comment